Your perfect day includes the sunrise, a trolling motor and a rubber worm. You love your boat. You even have a name for her. When you're out on the water, the last thing you want to worry about is whether you have the right Boat insurance policy.
We get it.
That's why Farmers developed a specialized policy specifically for you and your boat. And we offer coverage for towing and assistance so you'll never be stranded on the water or the side of the road. Even your trailer.
Double check your line, and don't forget the net. Leave the insurance to us.
Boat Insurance Coverage Overview
A Boat insurance policy through a Farmers agent was specially created for power boats, small sailboats and other vessels. Make sure that your boat has the specialized coverage you just can't get by adding it to your homeowner's policy. For real peace of mind as you're out on the water, you need a policy that provides a wide range of coverage that should include:
- Physical Damage
- Increased limits on Liability
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured Watercraft
- Total Loss Replacement Option
- Personal Property
- Towing and Assistance
- Trailer coverage
A Boat insurance policy through Farmers will cover a wide range of boats - sail and power, inboard, outboard, inboard-outdrive and jet drive. Just about any make or model of boat can be covered under this program. Check out images and descriptions of different boats we cover.
For extra coverage on the water, and because not everyone's wants are the same, a Boat insurance policy through Farmers offers a variety of options, such as:
- Agreed Value Hull Coverage. Farmers will cover your boat for an agreed amount. That means we will pay the amount of insurance if you have a total loss. This gives you an added measure of protection.
- Optional Actual Cash Value Hull Coverage. If you'd prefer a 10% reduction in your hull premium, Farmers can settle losses on an actual cash value basis. You choose the coverage you want and the premium option that works for you.
- Total Loss Settlement Endorsement. Will pay up to 20% more than the amount of insurance to replace a covered watercraft. And it only costs $10! The endorsement must be added to the policy no later than one year after the watercraft's model year. Eligibility continues during the five years following the model year, provided it is successively renewed with the policy.
Features & Discounts
Farmers offers a variety of discounts that can save you money on your premium, and there's no limit to the number of discounts you can receive if you qualify. With a Farmers policy, you may be eligible for the following discounts:
- Renewal discount for maintaining continuous coverage
- Boating Safety Course
- Safety Equipment
A Choice of Deductibles and Payment Plans
Higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium. Flexible payment plans, including automatic funds transfer, help you keep your monthly budgeting on track. Together they can help you keep your premium payments affordable.
Boat insurance from Farmers is only available in the United States in all states except Florida. Coverage is also available in the District of Columbia. Please note that boat coverages and boat coverage amounts vary by state. All coverages may not be available in all areas.
What to Look For in a Boat Insurance Policy
Boating enthusiasts know how important it is to have coverages beyond the standards offered by many companies, or by a rider on a homeowner's policy. In fact, many people think their boat is completely covered under their homeowner's policy until they have a loss.
Customers who own power boats, fishing boats, pontoon boats, small sailboats, older and lower-valued boats and other vessels 26 feet and less in length should look for specialized coverages that aren't always available under other policies out there. These include things like:
- Wreck Removal
- Pollution Coverage
- High Liability limits
Optional coverages should also give boaters that little extra - the custom coverages that fit their lifestyle, whether they enjoy early-morning fishing, afternoon wave-riding or evening cruises. Some of the options should include:
- Towing and Assistance - for the boat and trailer
- Replacement Cost for personal property
- Replacement Cost Coverage on trailer